Effective date: 01-05-2019
Umbrella Online (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Umbrella Online mobile application and website (hereinafter referred to as the individually “Service” and collectively “Services”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys, register for access to the Services or use certain Services, which typically includes your:
(ii) telephone number;
(iii) email address;
(iv) home address;
(v) information about your home which you give us;
(v) your payment details;
(iv) your IP address; and
(vi) any other personal information which you give us in connection with the Services.
When you interact with Umbrella Online through the Services, we receive and store certain information which does not identify you personally. Such information is collected passively using various technologies. This includes:
(i) Technical or other details about any device which you use to access the Services, including:
- Internet and/or network connection;
- your Media Access Control (MAC);
- any device Unique Device Identifier (UDID) or equivalent;
- your operating system, browser type or other software;
- your hardware or mobile device details (including your mobile device type and number and mobile carrier details), if applicable;
- or other technical details.
This is technical data about our users and their actions and patterns, which we do not believe identifies any individual;
(ii) Details of your use of our Services including, but not limited to:
- metrics information about when and how you use the Services;
- traffic data; and
- your geographical location data.
Umbrella Online may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Umbrella Online’s affiliates, agents or service providers. The Services may use such information and pool it with other information on an anonymised and generalised basis to track, for example, the total number of users of our Services, the number of visitors to each page of our Site and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. It is important to note that no Personal Data is available or used in this process.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Personal Data
By providing us with the information about yourself as mentioned above, you consent for us and our subsidiaries and affiliates to use that information in the following ways:
- to implement and monitor any Umbrella Online bookings which you make using our Services;
- to share your Personal Data with Umbrella Online professionals in order to carry out your Umbrella Online bookings using our Services;
- to ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device from which you access the Services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to improve or modify the Services, for example based on how you use our Services;
- to calculate conversion rates and other elements of Services’ performance; and
- for marketing purposes (which are further discussed below).
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Pakistan and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Pakistan and process it here.
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
Disclosure Of Data
Umbrella Online may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Umbrella Online;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public; and
- To protect against legal liability.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
Aggregated Personal Data
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Marketing and advertising
Umbrella Online and its affiliates may use Personal Data to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below.
We do not disclose personal information about identifiable individuals to advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate and/or anonymised information about our users to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, which may include, but are not limited to the following
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Firebase is analytics service provided by Google Inc.
We also encourage you to review the Google’s policy for safeguarding your data: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245. For more information on what type of information Firebase collects, please visit please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
You can visit the Services without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain Umbrella Online Services.
Where and how we store your personal information:
Unsolicited information and public forums:
You are responsible for any public publishing of information including Personal Data (for example on a discussion forum). Please remember that this may mean third parties gaining access to that information, for which you will be responsible.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.